It’s halfway through the summer and many of us are still gearing up for that vacation. You’ve looked forward to it all summer and now it’s time to pack. Nothing can frustrate you more than getting to the beach and seeing you forgot something critical like a swimsuit…or deodorant. Two weeks ago, on the way home from the Middle East, one of our college students (Kyle!) lost his passport on the way home. He was detained in Moscow for a couple of hours but they somehow let him board the flight to DC. #1 on the previous post of ways to prepare for international travel was to put a copy of your passport in your carry on bag. So this stuff is actually useful. I thought I would give you my checklist for what to pack. Every time I have a trip, I pull this memo out on my phone and run down the list. Here it is:
- Passport/ID/license/credit cards
- Electronic devices AND chargers
- Ipad charger, car phone charger
- I have one of those little mophies that will charge my cell phone 2 whole charges. Just in case I am stranded somewhere and the phone is dead.
- marpac noise machine (I like white noise, especially when rooming with someone—more often than not you will get someone who snores like a banshee)
- Toiletries – check or carry-on (I have 2 different pre-prepared toiletry kits—one for check and one for carry-on)
- My parents are so responsible they put all liquids in zip lock bags in case of spillage
- House key
- Trash bag for dirty clothes
- Water bottle
- Travel Alarm clock (I don’t like to sleep next to my phone because I will surf aimlessly instead of going to bed or getting up
- Socks-athletic and dress
- Dressy outfit? Church or meeting?
- Running or workout gear/bball shoes
- Jacket?/Rain coat?
- Dress shoes/running shoes/Flip flops
- Ambien (or Jack Daniels)
- Travel pillow
Maybe?/Other miscellaneous stuff
- Aux cord
- Retainer (don’t laugh, it’s a mouth guard for grinding)
- Tickets (airline, concert, sporting event, etc.)
- Extra pair of glasses
- Night light or small flash light
- Snacks/Protein bars
- Kan Jam or other lawn games
- Aerobed/air mattress
- golf clubs
- Ravens/Orioles stuff
Check out this list from another site. It’s even got detailed toiletries.
What did I miss? Please share in the comments.